After installation you have to do the following steps:
- If the program does not find a language file that fits to your system language you will see a language selection dialog where you can choose from the existing languages.
- At the first start of ARCalendar an internet connection is obligatory. If no internet connection is available, the program will quit with an error message.
- If an internet connection is available, ARCalendar will ask you for your Google login information at its first start. A dialog is shown where you have to enter your Google username and password. Both information is stored in the registry with only a very limited encryption. If you have security concerns about that, it is not recommended to use ARCalendar.
- After you have entered your login information, another dialog box will be shown with a list of all your Google calendars. Select one or more calendars which you want to show within ARCalendar. An example for the dialog is shown in the following picture (example is in German, however, the dialog is available in English):
- After these steps your events should be shown in the calendar.
- The following configuration uses the context menu that you receive when you click with the right mouse button ainto the calendar window.
- To move the calendar and change the mainwindow size, choose "Change window position and size" from the "Configuration" menu. You are now allowed to move the window by clicking onto head monthname field and change the size at its left, right and bottom border.
- After moving, to save and lock the window position you have to uncheck the "Change window position and size" option again.
- Choose "Change event colours" from the "Configuration" menu to give each event type a specific colour. You'll receive a dialog with all event types and day names. Double click on an entry to change its colour. Holidays or sundays can be painted in red for instance.
- The order of events shown in the calendar can be changed for events that occur to the same time. To do so go to "Configuration" and choose "Change event order".
For further information about the use of ARCalendar go here.