DMEX adds a new icon to the tray area. Left clicking on the icon shows the DMEX Toolmenu that provides a wide range of features to extend the explorer. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl-F1 in any explorer window to activate the menu. Among the features are the following:
- Open and/or arrange two explorer windows being aligned side by side
- Fast copying and moving of files between two aligned explorer windows using shortcuts
- Synchronise files between two directories using the Synchronize Tool
- Rename, change date or change attributes of multiple selected files at once with wildcards with the Rename Tool
- Tile all open explorer windows on the screen
- Create lists with favorite directories and favorite programs for quick directory changing and program launching
- Create new subdirectories
- Select files with wildcards
- Create versioned filename for backup and restore
- Copy path and filename information of the selected files to the clipboard
- ... and some more
Most of the tools can also be used without the tool menu. For the beginning you should use the DMEX Tool menu. To access the DMEX toolmenu you can either use the strawberry icon in the tray area or press Ctrl-F1 in any active explorer window. To show all available shortcuts you can press Ctrl-Shift-F1.
Learn How to use DMEX Tools.
The native language of DMEX is English. However, the menus an tools can also be shown in other languages using language files residing in the programm directory. The German language file is mantained by the author. French and spanish language files have been provided by other users. Since development of DMEX passes on, not all terms in these language files are always in sync with the program. Therefore, it might happen that parts of the program appear in English.
If you wish to translate DMEX to another language just copy the file "Deutsch.lng" to "Your_language.lng" where Your_language stands for the name of your language e.g. Francais or Espagnol. Then open the file in any text editor (e.g. notepad.exe) and replace the German translations which are on the right side of the English original texts (on the right side of the equal sign). Do not change the English part on the left side of the equal sign.
If you translated DMEX to your language you may want to share your translation. Send me a copy of your language file and I will add it to the setup.