By downloading this software you agree to the softwarelicense.
Current version is 1.2.6 updated on January 28th 2015.
To download DMEX click here.
The major versions are also available from simtel.net. Minor versions are only published here.
Learn How to use DMEX Tools.
Extract the downloaded archive and execute the setup program.
You should have administrator or at least power user privilege to install DMEX.
If you want to uninstall DMEX, use the “Software” dialog from the control panel.
Uninstallation removes all entries from the registry for the current user. Registry entries fpr other users may have to be removed manually. Some of newly created DMEX files may not be removed automatically. To remove all DMEX files delete the “DMEX” directory in your “Programs” directory or any other directory you specified during installation.
In the following the major changes in DMEX are listed for each version (as far as I can recall them at the date of publishing). Bug fixes are not mentioned if not a major issue.
- Better functionality of the sizedir function
- Fixed ID3 tag functions for mp3 files in the rename tool which did not work anymore
- Overview of all available DMEX shortcuts if you press Ctrl-Shift-F1 in any explorer window
- Fixes in the Rename module: wrong cursor positioning when using counters. Also fixed dialog to set Exif datetime format.
- Bug fix in the Setup that resulted in the Move one level up function not to appear in the menu.
- New behaviour of the Align two windows function. The window positions can now be restored by using the function twice. (Press Ctrl-F11 twice to notice the new behaviour).
- New language: Spanish (thanks to the contributor!)
- New function: Move one level up in the File operations module.
- Changes in the synchronize module to recognize drives by drivename.
- Multiple minor changes in the synchronize module.